|Laxmi Kant Jha|
• Born : 22nd November, 1913 • Died : 16th January, 1988
- Was a many-sided personality.
- Was an eminent economist, a distinguished administrator, an able diplomat and a sage counsellor.
- Was an Ambassador to the United States from 1970 to 1973.
- Was Governor of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Played a crucial role in giving shape to the country's economic policies for nearly four decades.
- Was a Chairman of the Economic Administration Reforms Commission and Indirect Taxation Enquiry Committee.
- Worked as Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri and Indira Gandhi.
- Worked as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India from July, 1967 to May, 1970.
- Wrote many books relating to credit banking, monetary policy and international payments.
- Was an ardent supporter of liberalisation.